ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers.
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from 36 countries now and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done : we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Project Manager/Senior Project Manager to join our team.
This position is located in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
Project manager responsibilities include delivering software development, systems integration and operations development projects on time within agreed schedule and scope. Project manager should have suitable education and experience from product/systems/IT development projects both as an individual contributor as well as from a project related leadership role. Ability and willingness to learn-by-doing is essential.
Your daily tasks:
- Meet with stakeholders to clarify scope and specific requirements of each project
- Define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress, including creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage actively changes to the project
- Track project performance and risks
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Communicate actively with all stakeholders internally and externally
- Work closely with operations to ensure successful deployment (DevOps)
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
Your attributes that we need:
- Min. 5 years of relevant work experience (Senior PM min. 10 years with 5 years of management experience).
- Educational background preferably in physics or technology. E.g. aerospace, computer science/IT, or electrical/communications engineering.
- Good understanding of key concepts in classical physics.
- Solid technical background, with hands-on experience in software development and/or testing (quality assurance)
- Proven working experience in a project leadership role related to agile/iterative software development (e.g. project manager, product owner or similar)
- Ability and willingness to run several small to medium size projects in parallel
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong task management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional proficiency in English language
- Solid organizational skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar programs for documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
Your extra ones:
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP)
- Experience from DevOps
- Experience from development/operations of mission-critical systems (e.g. aerospace)
- Requirements management
- Negotiation skills
- Working with Confluence and Jira
- Process Improvement
- Software development process knowledge
- Quality Control
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time, training, conferences or certification schemes
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge space enabling focus
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Compensation for language courses, conferences etc.
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English until 28. February.
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.