Blue Origin is empowered by a vision where millions of people are living and working in space.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will own the design, development, and verification of robust communications systems for the New Glenn launch vehicle. You will drive the team’s impact with your experience in leading the small fast-paced development of a communications subsystems for the launch vehicle. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Technical and project lead for a cross-disciplinary team, spearheading the design and development of the RF communications subsystem using a mixture of in-house developed, modified COTS and subcontracted hardware
- Manage subcontractors and internal hardware development
- Design, develop and test custom RF circuit cards
- Produce and lead design reviews of the subsystem
- Lead unit and subsystem hardware verification and testing
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in an applicable field (electrical engineering, physics, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience in the design, development, and test of RF communication hardware and systems
- Experience with communications hardware development (power, mixed signal, analog and RF designs), with a focus on aerospace applications
- Experience with RF design tools (ADS, HFSS) and schematic capture
- Desire to work hands-on throughout the communication system lifecycle
- Experience in project planning and successful execution of projects
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Master of Science or higher degree in an applicable field (electrical engineering, physics, etc.)
- Experience in design and development of satellite communications or launch vehicles
- Experience with board layout (Cadence)
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-461 environmental testing and DO-254 design process
- Digital design experience
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.