Senior RF Engineer, Antenna Design II
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms.
Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
We are looking to add a Senior Antenna Design Engineer II to our team. The ideal candidate has experience in designing, simulating, building, and testing high-frequency antennas made in printed circuit board (PCB) processes. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge RF hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
As a Cesium hardware team member, you will be responsible for antenna designs from initial concept through requirements definition, topology selection, detailed design, analysis, optimization, manufacturing, testing, qualification, and in-orbit support of Cesium’s products.
The successful candidate will also present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Physics from an accredited university or institution.
- 6 years of industry or university research experience in antenna design, analysis, optimization, fabrication, and test. Minimum of 4 years of experience with a Masters degree. More experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Expert-level proficiency in 3D electromagnetic simulation tools such as CST or HFSS.
- Strong experience with EDA tools such as Altium.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Antenna design in frequency bands above 20 GHz.
- Phased array design and development.
- Aerospace electronics design, development, and qualification.
- EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.