SatixFy designs next-generation satellite communication systems based on in-house developed chipsets. SatixFy develops a line of satellite communication modems with Software Defined Radio (SDR) and Electronically Steered Multi Beam Antennas (ESMA) to support the most advanced standards, such as DVB-S2X.
- Define product requirements and develop the software architecture solutions required to satisfy them, this will be done through liaising with Customers, Product Managers and other internal design teams
- Develop software applications for use in the new generation of ‘on board processing’ satellite systems, these will enable features such as, software defined radio (SDR), SoC modems and server/cloud-based network management systems
Skills and Experience in one or more of these areas would be desirable
- Knowledge of software structures and architectures
- Experience working with network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP)
- Experience defining, developing and maintaining full software stack
- Knowledge of embedded operating systems such as Linux
- Experience of embedded processors i.e. ARM, MIPS and DSP
- Experience of OOD and unit testing using C/C++
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and device drivers
- Experience of TDD and formal development processes using industry standard tool sets, e.g. GIT, SVN
- Understanding of best practices for system variability, error handling and robustness
This role is based in the Manchester office although some occasional travel may be required to visit customers, suppliers or other SatixFy Design Centres in the UK, Europe, Israel and the USA.