Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Honeywell Aerospace, an $11 billion business with 40,000+ employees worldwide is seeking a Senior Test Software Engineer for their Engineering Test Services (ETS) organization Aguadilla, Puerto Rico facility. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries. The Aerospace headquarters is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
As a Senior Test Software Engineer, you will develop product test software and/or test equipment software for our Military Avionics Team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on C-5 Military Aircraft VIA/AIU. The AIU along with its counter‐part (the VIA) form a pair of LRUs (Line Replaceable Units) that host the functions of flight controls, flight management, navigation computations, communications management, mode control, display management, and mission unique data management.
This position requires an individual with background in software development for Windows environments. The selected individual will participate in the full software development life cycle including: requirement analysis, design, code, integration, verification and maintenance. This position requires ability to establish and maintain close professional relationships with project leadership, product engineering, test engineering, and manufacturing personnel. The individual must have excellent interpersonal skills to work in a small team atmosphere.
He/she should also be able to:
- Anticipate problems, recognize and eliminate barriers.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and organize complex technical projects.
- Understand technology and management concepts required for Honeywell products and processes.
- Position requires good people skills and the ability to work effectively with other organizations and individuals at all levels. A positive, can-do attitude is required. Must work well as a member of a team. Must adapt well to a changing environment.
Candidate may be required to train for an extended period of time at one of the mainland facilities prior to being relocated to the Aguadilla Puerto Rico facility. Candidate may be required to return periodically to one of the mainland facilities to support integration activities.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering
- 8+ years accumulated of experience in C/C++ or CVI/TestStand/ Data Transmission (TTGBE: Time Trigger Gigabit Ethernet), or LabView
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Must be a US Citizen only. No Dual Citizenship.
- We value C#, Visual Basic (VB), Object Oriented Design, Visual Studio® and .NET® programming skills with Windows API knowledge, Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Familiarity with communications busses such as Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, IEEE-1394 (FireWire), RS-232, RS-422/485, and IEEE-488 (GPIB)
- Driver Development for general purpose test equipment
- Strong systems capabilities in MS Office applications.
- Ability to subsequently train or work in the continental US for 1-2 months per trip as required with probability of 2-3 trips per year.
- Working knowledge of general purpose test equipment
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Flexible to work long or off-hours as needed to meet deadlines
- Experience with creating technical documents such as detail design documents and version description documents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a lab or production environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional disciplines (hardware, software, systems) in a team environment
- Software development life cycle processes and methodologies
- Experience with hardware/software integration
- Understanding of computer scripting languages
- Software versioning control software and techniques
- Providing detailed project status, progress, and tasks/effort estimation
- Programming in ATLAS
- Programming with WINGS Scripting language
- Familiarity with CATE Test Stations and related instrumentation
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs)
- Embedded Development
- Database Applications (SQL, Access)
- Experience with government/military documentation
- Aerospace experience
- PE or EIT certification
Location: Road 110 KM 5.9., Aguadilla, PR 00604 PRI
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.