We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
The incumbent is responsible for technical proposal elaboration for infrastructure and media services, support technical contract negotiations and validations, carry out technical analysis on potential or existing customer services and contractual committing satellite link performances. Emphasis is on the integrated teamwork approach by providing technical pre -sales support tasks and post sales support on dedicated customer accounts. All technical solutions and services provided by SES are generated, validated and implemented through the Solution Engineering team, ensuring highest efficiency, technical excellence and optimized use of the group´s assets. The incumbent provides a fundamental role in the sales acquisition and service delivery process ensuring the sales revenue targets.
- Drives the pre-qualification technical due diligence of new regional sales opportunities and the preparation of technical, infrastructure and media services proposals in response to customer’s service requirements, RFIs and RFPs
- Supports the Solution Engineering team during customer meetings and contract negotiations, works closely with the senior team members on major customer projects, and support by coordinating activities and drafting proposals.
- Offers technical solutions and in-depth expertise during customer meetings and contract negotiations and represents the company during regional trade conferences and exhibitions.
- Provides the inputs to support the design and development of new products and contributes to competitor analysis
- Value-added digital media solutions for content management and delivery
- Oversight of the assignment of customer services on the satellites and the optimization of satellite resources including the planning activities associated with replacement satellite transitions, service restoration plans and the development of new satellites and new satellite neighborhoods
- Translates contractually agreed SLAs into QoS, coordinates with customers, Commercial Operations and SES Engineering for the resolution of operational problems, and interfaces with the Global Service Delivery teams and other internal stakeholders to ensure that customer service support meets the expectations during the entire service lifecycle
- Supports the development and introduction of new business processes and the development and introduction of software applications
- Self-sufficient, requiring minimal supervision, works independently and is technically accountable in the region
- Generates technical training material and provides training sessions on relevant SES technical environment and services, towards regional team members and new recruits
- Coaches other technical team members in their skills development and progression
- Ability to combine commercial savviness with technical expertise in order to efficiently assist the sales organization
- Pro-active attitude, think outside the box and continuously try to find ways to improve the level of support
- Technical competencies:
- OTT & OVP practical knowledge at the functional and component levels incl and not limited: Applications, Private CDN and Origin analysis, Ad delivery technology etc.
- Good presentation techniques and effective sales proposal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in structured or virtual teams
- Ability to build and maintain relationships as well as the ability to gain a clear understanding of the customers’ businesses and requirements in order to be able to offer the customer bespoke advice upon forthcoming product developments or services that could lead to new sales and/or to service optimizations
- Ongoing knowledge and understanding of the market and developments in the customer base
- Good cultural understanding of variances within the region and as such the differences in market settings, customers’ expectations & requirements
University or engineering degree ( BSc, MSc) in telecommunications or related field
At least 5 years of professional experience in relevant field
Willingness to work in stress peaks and with remote colleagues in a global environment.
- Experience in satellite transmission analysis and solution engineering is an asset
- Experience in broadcasting technologies, content preparation and management, network architecture access schemes, data networking and engineering software development.
- Knowledge of the audio-visual media industry, Broadcasting technologies, DVB, OTT, IP, VoD,
- Practical knowledge at the design of OTT/OVP systems
- Basic commercial understanding skills.
- Knowledge of satellite technology, standards and market trends for satellite communications, RF technology and equipment, communication protocols
- Fluency in additional languages is beneficial
- Willingness to travel
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.