ReOrbit is the newest member of the growing Finnish space ecosystem. Originally founded in Stockholm, Sweden, ReOrbit has established its corporate headquarters in Helsinki, Finland, right at the Nordics’ leading startup campus.
ReOrbit acknowledges things that historically have happened on the ground (assembly and integration of spacecraft) will soon start to happen in orbit, and we want to take part but in a more viable way. Our approach is to create a microsatellite platform that is reusable (yes, reusable), more flexible and modular than existing ones. We have a great founding team with 60+ cumulative years of experience within new space and more classic space.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to help us design and develop our spacecraft architecture. In this position, you will do different things:
- Requirements analysis
- Conceptual design: functional analysis, physical configuration, preliminary design dimensioning of power subsystem, attitude control subsystem, thermal, etc.
- Trade-off analyses, simulations.
- Prepare reports and host design reviews.
In this position, you will be responsible for the system throughout its life cycle. You will report to the CTO and interact with our customers to integrate them in our architecture from very early stages. This position will give you autonomy and the opportunity to work on a very ambitious project, where flow will always preempt meetings. Your responsibilities include:
Owning the system-level architecture from needs gathering all the way to deployment: define supply chain, make vs buy strategy, etc. This will mean eventually leading a multi-disciplinary Integrated Product Team (IPT).
Preparation and presentation of design review materials, technical reports, briefings, and analyses (but working code will remain more important than anything else).
Skills & Requirements
- MSc in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in multi-disciplinary systems engineering (with evidence).
- Good grasp of linear algebra: you must speak matrices, quaternions, rotations, frames of references very fluently.
- Prior experience as a spacecraft lead and having seen each phase of a spacecraft program.
- Experience with STK.
- Exposure to programming languages, preferably C and Python.
- Exposure to MATLAB.
- Familiarity with spacecraft avionics is a plus.
- Membership to a SE organization and/or certification is a plus.
- Excellent communications and writing skills and the ability to present information in a clear way to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure in a thriving environment.
- Candidates will need to complete a technical task. Interview will also require discussing Systems Engineering bibliography.
The compensation consists of a market salary together with a stock option package. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, so don’t wait to submit your application!
About the company
ReOrbit was founded in 2019 as a limited liability company Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. ReOrbit makes space sustainable and affordable to solve the complex challenges of the globe.