Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation.
Since successfully launching multiple in-space propulsion systems into Low Earth Orbit from Europe, the United States and Russia, Dawn is scaling our spacecraft propulsion team to address significant customer demand. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, fast-growing company in the space industry and develop world-leading in-space propulsion technology for small satellites.
This role will involve working with our customers and various teams to design and analyse a range of propulsion systems for both the CubeSat and Small Satellite markets. Based in Delft, the Netherlands, the role will require flexible hours in both mornings and evenings as you work with people across time zones. This includes our New Zealand teams but also customers around the world. Travel to customers will be required.
- Design and analysis of green propulsion systems, both on a technical and operational level
- Development of system concepts from high-level requirements
- Requirements identification, definition and management
- Interface management and other aspects of systems engineering
- Support the commercial and management team in project planning, scheduling and budgeting
- Supporting in customer contact to ensure we can deliver the product the customer needs
- 5+ years of experience in the design of satellite systems
- Experience in project management
- A degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or similar
- Demonstrated ability to flexibly and positively deal with evolving project constraints
- Ability to filter information to focus on key aspects and maintain close attention to detail
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with the spacecraft design process
- Experience in the application of systems engineering methods.
- Experience with MATLAB, Python or similar
- Experience with computer-aided design, preferably SolidWorks
- Multilingual, particularly in Italian, French and Japanese
- Familiar with ECSS spacecraft design standards and quality management systems such as AS9100 and ISO 9001
- Experience in systems engineering tools in a spacecraft design context
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with lightweight engineering
- Familiarity with (sub-)system development, testing and qualification
- Manufacturing and production experience
- Working in a geographically dispersed team
- Demonstrated experience in effectively and appropriately balancing performance, resource use, risk, cost, and schedule
In your application, please be sure to illustrate examples of your best work and what this achieved.
Dawn is looking for highly skilled team members keen to work in dynamic and challenging environments. You will be given ownership of goals from start to finish. You must have the ability and desire to work in a young company. If you want a narrow, thoroughly defined, smooth and routine role, this is not for you. We believe in giving you the tools you need, then getting out of your way.
If you are reliable, positive, can take the initiative, and are excited by the opportunity to be part of an innovative and high performing team, please apply using the form on this page.
About Dawn Aerospace
Every week we see new companies coming to market, using space-based technology in new and exciting ways we had never before imagined. Our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back when we went from dial-up to broadband, but there are some significant hurdles to overcome.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.
Not-so-fun fact: Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet about 60% of job criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but not sure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you.