operates globally in the aerospace industry as well as security and defence technology, employing more than 9,000 people around the world. The RUAG MRO Switzerland division plays a vital role in keeping Switzerland secure. As the Swiss Armed Forces’ visionary thinking technology partner, our priorities are life cycle management, operations and availability for military systems.
- Conduct and lead structural of analyses of aircraft structures (incl. fatigue calculations and spectrum generation)
- Perform fatigue safe-life and damage tolerance analyses to establish metallic component retirement times and inspection intervals
- Verify and check structural integrity by using appropriate analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools
- Support in-service products by investigating failures and analysing improvements
- Define and document technical substantiate reports for customer
- Provide support to junior staff for recognized fields of competence
- Check structural analysis reports
- Prepare, plan and monitor work packages for employees
- Technical studies (BSc, MSc) in engineering
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in structural mechanics, fatigue and/or fracture mechanics
- Experience with Fatigue & Damage Tolerance analysis, especially for airborne applications
- Strong background utilizing classical hand analysis and finite element methods
- Experience in coordinating with different teams and lead technical tasks.
- Very good communication and writing skills in English. Good understanding of German.
- Ability to mentor junior engineers, work with outside partners and Government customers
- Experience with Hyperworks/Femap and AFGROW or other tools
- Compliance with Swiss Security Clearance and ITAR Clearance
Did we spark your interest in this exciting position? Apply now.