We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Key Role Purpose
The Senior System Engineer OVP shall act as an interface between the Pre-Sales and the Global Services organization for the engineering and operational aspects of the SES OVP offering. The role shall be focused on the technical design, deployment and the operations of OVP solutions by using internal and external partners
- Implement and maintain high availability of OVP platform solutions incorporating 3rd party suppliers, according to the requirements defined by product management and other internal stakeholders
- Creation, Configuration and validation of end to end system implementation
- Day to day operation and maintenance of the OVP solutions.
- Responsible for the provision of OVP systems 3rd level support to customers.
- Troubleshooting, analysis and technical issue resolution.
- Implementation of new services and features. Testing and integration of new technologies.
- Preparation of requirements and solution documentation (statement of work) for customer projects
- Establish new solutions and optimize processes proactively
- Provide coaching and professional development to team-members in the OVP team.
- System and project documentation
- 24/7 level 3 support – on-call shifts
- Engineer holding a university degree (In Telecommunications – advantage)
- Broad understanding of streaming technology and OTT/OVP architectures
- Experience working with cloud environments (AWS\Azure) and server operating system
- Proven knowledge of OVP Backoffice technology and features
- Experience in defining and launching high-quality consumer applications for mobile, web and over-the-top devices
- Proven experience in RFP processes: responses, examination and implementation
- Experience in DRM systems
- Able to read, write and debug shellcode and other scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- DevOps methodologies-
- Multi-year professional experience in a comparable position, e.g. System Engineer, DevOps engineer
- Strong ability to manage integration projects with multiple 3rd party vendors
- Must have proven experience in performing complex activities and projects for global clients
- Proven ability to envision, initiate, create, document and implement company’s procedures, processes and work flows
- Customer-focused. Ability to act as an interface to SES customer
- Ability to work under the pressure of strict deadlines.
- Structured, solution-oriented and reliable
- Fast and Self-learning capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!