Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are seeking a talented Senior Systems Engineer to work as a part of the TDL Capability that provides engineering support to the development of Tactical Data Links (TDL) for the world class airborne early warning command and control aircraft the E-7A Wedgetail and the ground based surveillance, communications and battle management system, Wakulda. As well as support to future Campaigns.
- Lead and provide oversight to the development of diverse engineering solutions for complex systems engineering problems, throughout the full engineering lifecycle, from requirements definition, through design, integration, verification, validation and support phases of a product.
- Develop experience with emerging TDL capabilities and their introduction into existing systems to meet future ADF interoperability requirements and in support of future projects.
- Provide input to the planning and conduct of tasking to achieve the required outcomes.
- Validate communication messages to meet standards for TDL network interoperability, by conducting software testing.
- Tertiary qualification or prior experience in a relevant technical discipline.
- Ability to apply relevant systems engineering practices, standards and regulations.
- Experience with software testing in a software environment is highly regarded.
- Experience in Data Communication and/or Tactical Data Links is highly regarded as well as familiarity with Australian Defence Force platforms.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements (NV-1).
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Relocation Package considered
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Please note, this role will be shortlisted in January 2021, we appreciate your patience.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.