Carbonix is an Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems.
Carbonix is an Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems. Our fleet of powered lift systems boasts long endurance, versatile deployment and capabilities, as well as automatic mission execution. We employ a team of widely skilled engineers and industry experts to help devise effective solutions to the most complex problems.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Integration Engineer to develop hybrid VTOL-fixed wing unmanned aerial systems. The position is part of a multidisciplinary and agile product development team with extensive experience and knowledge of aerospace and broader engineering. You will help design, develop and deploy solutions from our Head Office in Artarmon, Sydney.
- Reports to the Product Development Lead and Chief Technical Officer.
- Work with the electrical, mechanical and junior software engineers of the Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT).
- Oversee the execution of project deliverables under Carbonix’s Product Development Program.
- Lead engineering activities to ensure projects are completed to specifications.
- Drafting, laying out, and specifying Technical Documentation for UAV subsystems, parts, and equipment — Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Responsible for ensuring that Carbonix’s Quality System is followed in all daily activities. The required standards of performance are attained in the above when:
- The engineer actively participates to the design verification process within the team.
- All QA procedures and guidelines related to Carbonix’s UAV integration are followed.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and make recommendations for improvements.
- Maintaining and improving existing engineering processes.
Required Qualifications and Knowledge
- A BE or ME in mechatronics/electrical/software engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant industries/roles; specifically, integrated systems and product release cycles.
- Experience in Functional Design, specifically in circuit design and system integration.
- Experience in design review and certification processes
- Expert knowledge of Modern C++ and Python.
- Understanding of constraints of real-time / embedded platforms.
- Experience designing and implementing message processing software and mesh networking infrastructure and protocols.
- Exposure to UAV sensor integration (EO, IR, and various laser payloads).
- Exposure to avionics or UAS/UAV platforms.
- An ability to communicate clearly with your team;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities;
- Outstanding organizational & time-management skills; AND
- In-depth understanding of Ardupilot and UAV platforms.
Interviews begin immediately. Please reach out as soon as possible, with a brief overview of your background, experience, interests in a form of a cover letter AND attach your resume.
Carbonix is an equal opportunity employer, and ALL qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Successful and short-listed candidates will be contacted to attend a face-to-face interview at our Artarmon facility.