Serco specialise in the delivery of essential public services, with over 50,000 people working in defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and other citizen services across UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Experienced Engineer with managerial responsibility for management and maintenance of technical installations – Region Leuven
Job description / range of duties
You manage and bear, within the framework of an important outsourcing contract by the Ministry of Defense, the ultimate responsibility for the maintenance of all technical installations and equipment on the site, as well as the fuel station.
You have the final responsibility for a team of ten people who together provide these services in a large barracks of the Belgian army.
Reports to SITE MANAGER
- Managing all technicians and green service
- Follow up inventory and execution of maintenance and repair work (NEN2767)
- Advising and guiding projects regarding the reduction of energy consumption, both in terms of process and facilities.
- Follow up work performed
- Competition, price comparison and ordering of the materials
- Price request and contracts subcontractors – specialized experts
- Annual performance of the ASPEN index
- Financial follow-up
- Replacement of the SITE MANAGER in his absence
- You have a Master in Engineering (architecture, electrical engineering, electricity or energy management)
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience
- You are interested in innovation, new techniques and energy management
- You are cost conscious
- You like to take initiative and responsibility
- You are a passionate people manager and enjoy training employees
- You have a customer-oriented attitude
- You have great concern for the safety on the site, the safety of customers and employees
- You are multilingual, Dutch-speaking or French-speaking with good knowledge of the second national language (spoken European level B2) and English;
- Given the specific environment, you pay a lot of attention to rules and safety, both with regard to the installations on the site and the employees and customers involved
About the Company
Serco’s heritage over the past 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Government Companies.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for providing great service. To stay ahead we must constantly evolve and improve the way we deliver our services, and everyone in Serco can play a role here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and an extensive best practice support network to help them turn their ideas into action.
If you share our values, you can join more than 50,000 global colleagues who are just as passionate about providing great service as you.
Serco European Agencies