Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies
As one of the leading international companies providing quality public services, Serco’s UK – Europe region employs 31,700 women and men in 11 different countries, including Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, France and Europe. ‘Italy. Serco combines commercial know-how with a concern for the quality of public services. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and ensure the delivery of essential services that will make a difference in the lives of ordinary people.
In Belgium, Serco provides technical support to the Commandant De Hemptinne barracks in Heverlee and to the Meerdaalwoud military base in Oud-Heverlee. Serco is a reliable partner for the provision of military base support services to the British Armed Forces and the Australian Defense Force. We provide a wide range of quality services in sensitive areas around the world, supporting more than 200,000 military personnel on a daily basis. Thanks to our in-depth and unparalleled knowledge of the logistical needs of military organizations, we ensure that our offer meets the specific needs of the Belgian defense force. We use our in-depth knowledge of military installations to make our presence imperceptible to operational Defense and Army militias. operational military activities while providing excellent service in terms of maintenance and facility management. We provide excellent service in the area of maintenance and facility management. With our experience in other geographic areas, we are able to offer another local challenges and come up with new solutions. offer new solutions.
We are recruiting a Maintenance Technician to join our teams for one of our contracts in Sint-Truiden in the defense sector, 45 minutes by car from Leuven. it is therefore essential for this position to own a car.
- Supervise all technicians and the gardening department and make the necessary adjustments.
- Price inquiry, price comparison and material order
- Price request and contracts for subcontractors – specialized companies
- Carry out general works and maintenance of infrastructure and technical installations.
- Maintenance of green spaces and training facilities
- Maintenance and management of the container yard
- Independent processing of incoming request tickets and corresponding reports on time.
- Carrying out work on sanitary installations as well as small installation work
- Observe, detect and report structural problems
- Participate in monitoring the general condition of buildings
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience
- Likes to take initiative and responsibility, is results oriented.
- Is cost conscious
- Willingness to go beyond the field and learn different techniques
- Is a coach of the teams in the field and manages them permanently
- Has a customer-oriented attitude
- Dynamic and motivated, able to perform the tasks entrusted to him with flexibility and rigor
- Is discreet and helpful
- Work analytically and be solution oriented
- Is in possession of a driving license B
- Dutch or French speaking with knowledge of the second national language
Any job offer is conditional on providing documents to verify your identity and eligibility for work as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be asked to present such documentation during the recruitment process.
Contact a recruiter if you need more information about acceptable types of documentation required for identity and work permit verification.
- Average 36.5/week effective performance: 37h / week 3 ADV days
- Monday to Friday between 07:00 and 17:00
- One week a month “on call” including weekend
- Exceptional weekend work during certain events (e.g. storm, etc.), permanence in rotation
About the Company
Serco’s legacy over the past 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 for public business services.
What unites Serco’s ever-growing workforce is the passion for providing quality service. To stay ahead of the curve, we must constantly evolve and improve the way we deliver our services, and everyone at Serco can play a role in this.
Serco offers a conducive environment for the encouragement of ideas and an extensive network of best practice support to help them turn their ideas into action.
If you share our values, you can reach over 50,000 colleagues around the world who are just as passionate as you are about providing quality service.
Serco European Agencies