Serco specialise in the delivery of essential public services, with over 50,000 people working in defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and other citizen services across UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Serco Italia S.p.A. is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including: central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Spacecraft Controller in Matera!
As Spacecraft Controller you will join our future Operation Engineering teams within an important Earth Observation satellite mission contract and will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Operate the mission control system during launch and commissioning phase
- Monitoring of the satellite resources
- Execute the routine satellite operations procedures
- Support the Spacecraft Operations Manager and the GS team in case of a critical anomaly occurs
- Execute the emergency procedures to ensure spacecraft safety and the continuity of service provision to users
- Assist in configuring and testing the operational system
- Execute Mission Readiness test and System Validation test simulations
- Definition and preparation of the operator manuals and procedures
- Participate to operations-related activities as small system development and procedures development
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Very good knowledge of satellite sub-systems and operations procedures application.
- Relevant working experience on ground sub-systems (MCS).
- Relevant working experience in mission operations context.
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in working in an operational environment
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate activities internal and external to the team
- Well‐organised, able to prioritise and manage several activities in parallel
As the successful candidate could be part of an Ops Team working on a shift rotation pattern, team spirit is also essential to adapt to the sometimes unavoidable short-term changes to the shift plan resulting from sudden sicknesses or other exceptional circumstances.
Please note that an initial period could be spent in Rome (Lazio) or Bari (Puglia) – based on the preferred location of the selected candidate.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work – You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity – You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people – You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.