Serco specialise in the delivery of essential public services, with over 50,000 people working in defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and other citizen services across UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud – Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Biomass Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) Engineer, based in Frascati, Italy.
The post-holder will focus on the below main responsibilities:
- Preparation and maintenance of the PDGS Integration and Validation Test Plan;
- Preparation and maintenance of the PDGS Integration and Validation Test Specification;
- Contribution to the preparation of Tests Procedures and Test Scripts;
- Coordination and execution of the PDGS Integration and Validation tests;
- Analysis of the PDGS Integration and Validation test results and generation of test reports;
- Contribution to PDGS Test Readiness Reviews and Test Review Boards;
- Support to generation of the GS Validation Plan;
- Support to generation of the GS Validation Procedures;
- Preparation, organisation and execution of the GS Validation test;
- Support to the analysis and reporting of the GS Validation test results;
- Participation to the GS Test Readiness Reviews and Test Review Boards;
- Support to management of the Anomaly Reports resulting from the test execution, and coordination of the implementation of mitigation actions;
- Support to the management of the operators training and contribution to preparation of operational/ training documentation;
- Support to the definition and documentation of the PDGS Commissioning Implementation Plan;
- Support to the preparation and execution of PDGS commissioning activities;
- Support to the preparation of the launch and implementation of rehearsal activities;
- PDGS system behaviour monitoring and reporting during commissioning;
- Support to preparation of the Operational set-up for phase E2 and for the PDGS Transfer To Operations;
- Generation of technical notes whenever needed during the Project lifetime;
- Operations of the various supporting tools (e.g. Documentation Management System);
- Participation to Ground Segment Reviews and PDGS reviews organised either by ESA or by Industry;
- Ad-hoc development of tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS testing and validation.
The successful Candidate will bring:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in engineering;
- Strong experience in integration and validation test activities, preferably in the field of Earth Observation Ground Segments;
- Good ability to plan ahead and follow schedule of testing activity;
- Experience in System and Software anomalies management: reporting, analysis, classification and resolution;
- Experience or knowledge of the ECSS standards and as an asset documentation and configuration control management techniques;
- Knowledge of the ESA Earth Explorers missions (and instruments) and processes related to their PDGS development would be an asset;
- Programming skills (in order to develop tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS testing and validation).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Make a difference everyday.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
- Competitive Salary
- Company events
- Performance Management
- International environment
Job Reference IT20/ESRIN/6718