Serco specialise in the delivery of essential public services, with over 50,000 people working in defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and other citizen services across UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud – Make a difference every day.
For one of our Customer, a European Institution we are looking for a 2) Java Oracle Developer with at least 5-9 years of relevant work experience.
The post-holder will focus on the below main responsibilities:
- Provision of expert advice and assistance, technology watch, evaluation studies, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices in a specific area of ICT infrastructure technology ( e.g. database management systems, Java Enterprise technology, enterprise & web content management, XML, portals, business process management and rule execution engines, interoperability, business activity monitoring and business intelligence technologies, Web 2.0, .Net technology, application life cycle management, test driven development , search technologies, Identity & Access Management, information security, federation protocols (SAML v2, WS-*, STORK … )
- Provision of quality plans, quality assessments, quality control tests, evaluations and service level agreements associated with information system infrastructure services or projects
- Assistance in the implementation of a software engineering methodology
- Provision of security studies, security assessments and other specific security matters related to ICT infrastructures
- Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements and business case analysis related to the area of expertise
- Elaboration of vision documents focused upon infrastructure components
- Risk analysis
- Review of Information Systems Infrastructure Architectures
- Provision of technical evaluations and audit reports in relation with information systems infrastructure
The Successful Candidate will bring:
- Deep knowledge in one or more domains of the study required for the function (e.g. quality control, security, infrastructure, development language, knowledge of technology required, requirements analysis, performance analysis, a specific technical domain like vulnerability testing, business process modelling, etc.)
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, very good communication skills
- Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment
The activities will be performed on-site at JRC Ispra premises.
The working languages are English and Italian. Deliverables and reports are to be written preferably in English but could also be provided, subject to agreement of the designated staff member of the
EURL GMFF laboratory and/or IT support, in Italian.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Make a difference everyday.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement plans
- Company events
- International environment