Make a difference every day
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA’s Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
Serco Italy has a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to ESA. To provide continual service improvement, Serco has recently introduced a special focus on evolution and innovation, with the aim of supporting ESA in further evolving the services and products.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Ocean Data Exploitation Specialist in Frascati !
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Ocean Data Exploitation Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Perform literature survey and document state-of-the-art EO methodologies for science and application developments.
- Support ESA Technical Officer in the different phases of Ocean Colour related projects.
- Generation of scientific and technical notes whenever needed during the relevant project phases
- Participation to project meetings and reviews
- Support the review of technical deliverables from projects
- Follow related software algorithms development as well as toolboxes, test them and report on development
- Propose and perform feasibility studies for new development and new areas for applications
- Provide support to the organisation and running of scientific workshops, user consultation meetings and training courses
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- You will hold a pHd in Physics, Remote Sensing or similar, have an in-depth knowledge of satellite remote sensing, and experience in remote sensing data processing and analysis, in particular of ocean colour sensors in view of exploiting Sentinel-2 MSI and Sentinel-3 OLCI data and upcoming Earth Explorers and Copernicus missions related to ocean colour.
- Scientific programming (e.g. Python, Matlab, C, C++, IDL)
- Experience in data processing within a cloud environment
- Experience in sentinel data processing using ESA sentinel toolboxes.
- Scientific and application project management
- Good technical and analytical skills
- Good documentation writing skills
- Good knowledge of Ocean Colour research community and key international scientific programmes (e.g. IOCCG, CEOS)
- Ability to manage several tasks in parallel and to prioritise
- Capability to work in a team
- Pro-active approach to problem identification and resolution
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request. You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
- Meaningful and vital work – You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
- A world of opportunity – You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
- Great people – You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.