Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA’s Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
Serco Italy has a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to ESA. To provide continual service improvement, Serco has recently introduced a special focus on evolution and innovation, with the aim of supporting ESA in further evolving the services and products.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of PDGS Operations and Validation Support Engineer in Frascati !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment?
We would love to hear from you!
The role encumbers in the following areas:
- Support the review and/or preparation of technical documentation (e.g. PDGS validation plan, technical notes, test reports, etc.)
- Definition and execution of validation test campaigns, analysis of test results and reporting
- Assessment of delivery packages (e.g. for completeness)
- Installation of SW applications into target environment
- Preparation/alignment of representative environment (reference platforms) and test data sets
- Support to PDGS daily operational activities
- Generation and maintenance of operational procedures and work instructions
- Support to problems investigation, anomalies tracking, etc.
- Support to PDGS monitoring and control (e.g. end-to-end production chain)
- Weekly/Monthly PDGS statistics and reporting
- Participation to PDGS internal meetings
- Support to Transfer to Operations activities
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Skills and attributes
- University degree in Computer Science, Earth observation or a technical field that provides similar competences
- Experience in SW verification and validation activities
- Experience in Ground Segment operations
- Good knowledge in Linux Operating Systems (e.g. RedHat) and shell scripting
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work in a team and to share and acquire knowledge
- Proactive problem solving attitude
- Knowledge of Earth Observation satellite data product formats
- Knowledge of remote sensing algorithms
- Familiarity with ECSS standards
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work – You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity – You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people – You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies