Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions. Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Product data circulation system engineer, based in Frascati (Italy).
The job holder will be part of CMEMS Operations Team and will be involved in the Operational activities for monitoring and maintaining a data dissemination Service.
The main tasks are the following:
- Configuration, setup and integration of dissemination chain modules
- Development of scripts able to monitor and handle the data dissemination flow
- Linux/unix shell scripting for maintenance and operation activities
- Support to testing and verification activities
- Execution of regular maintenance activities
- Realtime monitoring and control of the end toend dissemination chains
- Execution of Transfer to Operations of service applications
- Management of service incidents and anomalies
- Update of Operational Procedures
- First and Second level of Help desk technical support
- Extraction of service statistics and generation Operational Reports
- IT Service Infrastructure housekeeping
The successful Candidate will bring:
- Unix/Linux O.S. and native shell scripting
- Knowledge of ftp configuration on linux/unix systems and data flow management
- Java and python programming are an asset
- Ability to work in a team and to share and acquire knowledge
- Proactive problem solving attitude
- Good communications skills in English (spoken, written) and possibly good knowledge of Italian
- Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution
- Take full responsibility for the successful conclusion of the activities and success-oriented
- Availability to travel within Europe to attend meetings
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.