Serco specialise in the delivery of essential public services, with over 50,000 people working in defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and other citizen services across UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Do you have a payload technology and products for telecommunication satellites background and have worked with the design, analysis, qualification, testing and implementation of satellite payload equipment for telecommunication satellites ? You could be our new Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer you will:
- Support the initiation of activities related to technology and product development for payload applications.
- Support the establishment and control of relevant ESA requirements, specifications and general documentation.
- Evaluation, support to negotiation, monitoring and control of development contracts and activities.
- Preparation of inputs to status reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of technology and product development work plans.
- Support other members of the TIA-TTP section on their projects and share expertise within the section.
- Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication.
- Cooperate with specialists in other ESA departments.
- Identify any issues during the procurement phase, the running or closing of an activity, and flag them for attention in a timely manner.
- Support the timely preparation of papers for Adjudication Committee meetings or Delegate bodies (IPC, JCB), with high quality standards.
- Provide inputs for the Department Business Intelligence management system.
- Support TIA communication activities in line with the ESA TIA
- Communication Policy rules.
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures.
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the ESA Security Directives.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
The post holder shall be an experienced person who has a Master or PhD degree or equivalent qualification in engineering and experience in payload technology and products for telecommunication satellites.
General experience with the design, analysis, qualification, testing and implementation of satellite payload equipment for telecommunication satellites, with substantial experience in one or more of the following:
- management of development contracts for satellite payload equipment.
- design, development and/or exploitation of antenna and RF units, such as:
• low noise amplifiers
• channel amplifiers and linearisers
• power amplifiers
• frequency converters
• digital signal processors
- A sound knowledge of multiple different types of payload equipment and their functions at payload level is desirable.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
Job Reference NL20/ESTEC/6669