PA and Safety Support Engineer (ESA-ESTEC)
Serco specialise in the delivery of essential public services, with over 50,000 people working in defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and other citizen services across UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a PA and Safety Support Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought-after space agencies in the world.
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women’s opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women’s careers in Aerospace.
As PA and Safety Support Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed) and conclusions/recommendations.
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / SPR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items. Produce monthly reports of monitoring activities performed (e.g. inspections, checks, visits, reviews), including conclusions and recommendations.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions; Produce monthly reports with assessment activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), contribution to design and safety reviews, and activities relate to preventive/corrective action.
- Participating in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.; Produce reports of participation to boards, indicating the contribution made to these boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants, minutes of meeting, action follow up, close-out).
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports on guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable requirements.
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections; Produce report on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations.
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of Acceptance Reviews.
- Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines.
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper non-conformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed.
- PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities.
- The launch campaigns.
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting and whenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper close-out.
In addition to the responsibilities above, is requested Support the Galileo System PA&S Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo System Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
This includes the following main tasks:
- Guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participating in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions.
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of waivers and deviations.
- Provides support to the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.
- Contributing to the identification and processing of system non-conformances and to the proceedings of the Galileo System Non-conformance Review Board (NRB).
- Ensuring the implementation of the Software PA and Software configuration Management requirements baseline for the Galileo System Support activities.
- Monitoring the integration and test activities with test witnessing, mandatory and key inspection points, configuration inspections and quality assurance audits.
- Supporting the preparation of the Galileo System PA&S dossier for system qualification.
- Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all assigned contractual deliverable items.
- Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions.
- Supporting Security activities as appropriate.
- Supporting the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work – You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity – You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people – You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.