Serco specialise in the delivery of essential public services, with over 50,000 people working in defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and other citizen services across UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud – Make a difference every day.
New opportunity available for a Assistant Programme/Project Controller! Do you have broad expertise in the field of Business Management & Programme/Project Controlling Support? Apply now.
The tasks cover general administrative support to the MetOp Programmes area in the Earth Observation Projects Department, responsible for the MetOp-SG Second Generation (MetOp-SG), Arctic Weather Satellite (AWS) and Aeolus-2 programmes. The contractor will:
- support the MetOp Programmes Manager in managing the afore-mentioned programmes;
- prepare and assist in producing programmatic status reporting, as required;
- support the development and maintenance of integrated planning of the programmes’ resources and calendars;
- support the preparation and conduct of internal and external audits;
- prepare minutes of internal management meetings, integrating various inputs, and maintain consolidated action item lists for the programmes, tracking actions so that they are discharged in coherence with the established procedures;
- pro-actively manage the internal and external information tools (e.g. SharePoint, web pages, etc.) for the programmes’ internal and external communications, including writing and editing of web pages, letters, etc.;
- process all incoming and outgoing documentation and correspondence, including use of Documentation Management Systems (DMS), e.g. Eclipse, for registration and distribution;
- support the team for retrieval of documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources like ESTEC library, scanned documents on CD-ROM or via internet, etc.;
- support the MetOp Programmes Manager and project controllers, as needed, in the preparation and administration of procurement actions;
- support the configuration management processes within the programmes;
- act as the focal point for all documentation / administrative tools (e.g. DMS, RID system, action item database, etc.) used in the Programme;
- coordinate closely with the EUMETSAT administration teams to ensure efficient and timely exchange of information;
- organise the calendars for the MetOp Programmes Manager and the programmes’ teams;
- coordinate and organise internal and external meetings and reviews, incl. room and resource booking;
- prepare documentation and briefings for meetings, as appropriate;
- manage the procurement of promotional items for the programmes;
- manage incoming telephone calls and information requests;
- prepare, coordinate and organise the travel requirements and and mission claims of the programmes’ teams.;
- manage the timely ordering of office supplies.
- A university degree (Bachelor) or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience in administrative support, or other relevant experience, is required.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, e.g. communicating and interacting with individuals at all levels, and the capability of identifying priorities and handling high workload with a proactive approach to problem solving, are required.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, as well as initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment, are required.
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule is required.
- An open multi-cultural attitude, while caring for accuracy on the job and trustworthiness, is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and video-conferencing / tele-working tools is also required, with the ability and interest to learn other applications and tools.
- Experience in an international organisation or multi-cultural working environment will be a key asset.
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and financial processes and experience with SAP and with ISO9001 certification projects is an asset.
- Fluency in the English language, spoken and written, as well as knowledge of another European language is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!