Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud – Make a difference every day.
New opportunity available! We are looking for a Programme/ Project Controller. Do you have broad expertise in the field of Business Management and Project Controlling Support? Apply now.
As part of Programme and Project Control Service at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
Support to the planning, preparation, execution, and follow-up of projects / programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
- Assisting in preparing, developing, and maintaining programme level plans.
- Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required.
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports.
- Reviewing/ checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost–at–Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures and consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers as required.
In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
- Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions.
- Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis.
- Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s).
- Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles.
- Ensuring that above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management tools.
- Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools.
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information.
- Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing.
- Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
- Supporting programme inventory and export control activities, maintain relevant inventory databases.
In the field of programme industrial return:
- Initiation and coordination of the periodic updating of relevant Industrial Return database to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities.
- Verification of coherence with ESA corporate Industrial Return data.
- Maintenance of list of specific compensation or improvement measures and follow-up the implementation.
- Verification of coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures.
- Support to programme/project level risk management.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers when relevant.
- Operation of the associated management information tools and system databases.
- Support to the responsible entity in the definition of new and improvement of existing processes and tools and production of related documents.
- Support the execution of the directorate’s Risk Management process.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent qualification;
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience, as project controller is required.
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Agency activities would be a distinctive advantage;
- Ability to readily assimilate and coordinate input data and providing timely output;
- Reliability, rigor and initiative in the execution of the assigned tasks;
- Excellent analytical, organisation and reporting skills together with a proactive attitude to solving problems and proficiency with IT tools;
- Previous experience working with SAP and relevant Agency’s corporate applications and/or TEC IT Tools would be an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request. You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work – You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity – You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people – You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.