Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of EDP – Electromagnetics Components Data & Power Systems Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The TEC-QEC Radiation Effects Engineer reports to the Head of Component Space evaluation and Radiation Effects Section the main duties include:
- Providing support to the Agency’s Projects in the field of EEE component Radiation Hardness Assurance.
- Preparing and conducting radiation tests campaigns including developing test set-up and subsequent data analysis (with emphasis on TID, DD and SEE) on EEE components, test structures and materials in support of Agency’s projects, studies, evaluation, qualification or radiation hardening activities.
- Defining relevant radiation studies, experimental and development activities (also including in- flight component radiation characterisation experiments). To initiate and manage such activities implemented under ESA contracts.
- Supporting the sections’ standardisation activities, particularly those involving general Radiation Hardness Assurance procedures, irradiation test guidelines (SEE, TID and Displacement Damage), modelling and simulation issues.
- Conducting simulations of radiation effects in components and materials using suitable device physics based SW-tools and to produce new or improve existing models.
- Coordinating such activities with internal and external partners and promoting the results achieved in the form of publications, presentations and training to be provided.
- The operation of TEC-QEC internal radiation test facilities, coordination of beam time scheduling.
- Instructing new facility users about radiation safety requirements and the supervision of external users.
- The coordination of beam time scheduling of ESA support external test facilities.
Specific qualification requirements
- A Master degree or equivalent qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or (solid state) physics as well as substantial experience in the field of radiation effects on semiconductor components and all aspects of irradiation testing.
- Experienced in SEE rate prediction tools and have sufficient knowledge of the space environment to correctly employ these tools.
- Demonstrate familiarity with shielding analysis tools (sectoring and 3D MonteCarlo based), device physics simulation tools, modern programming techniques, modelling and simulation of radiation effects on EEE components for radiation hardening and software engineering practices.
- Basic knowledge of component engineering and product assurance principles and modelling / simulation of radiation effects on EEE components for radiation hardening.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 4 August 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-EDP-741 (RT-C/TEC-QEC/00741) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 6 August 2021, 13.00 hours.