Make a difference everyday
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco are currently recruiting experienced and highly motivated Approach Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCOs) to be a part of a great team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. If successful, you will be responsible for directing the movement of aircraft within assigned air space to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious air traffic service. The successful applicants will enjoy the amazing lifestyle opportunities which living in the United Arab Emirates affords.
- Ensure the provision of Approach control service, flight information service and alerting service to aircraft operating in the UAE FIR
- Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services in the UAE FIR.
- Distribute as required meteorological information necessary for the safe and orderly handling of traffic.
- Participate in pre-watch briefings for the subsequent watch concerning all known conditions affecting safety and/or regularity of air traffic within the UAE FIR.
- Report failures, abnormal occurrences or any other conditions likely to constitute a safety hazard.
- Provide operational feedback to management on proposed airspace procedure and system changes.
- Practice professionalism and politeness to all users of services provided by the GCAA and to other staff in Air Traffic Services.
- Interface to influence colleagues and OJT students in order to develop the highest standard of air traffic controller for integration into GCAA’s Air Traffic Services section.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Delivers against own Objectives in accordance with Serco’s Governing Principles, follows through and meets personal commitments in an organised and methodical manner.
- Demonstrates Personal Drive by actively working towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work.
- Communicates Effectively through conveying a clear and concise information and ideas that engage others.
- Demonstrates Collaboration by demonstrating a proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
- Adapts to change by maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work responsibilities or environment.
- Assumes Responsibility by effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- A validated Approach Rating with a minimum of 5 years total experience exercising this rating
- A minimum of 3 years spent exercising an Approach Rating at a major international airport
- ICAO English Level 5 or above proficiency
- A valid ATC Medical
- In addition to the above, experience within a multi-cultural environment in the Middle East is preferred
Note: Assessments of prior competency will take place in Dubai.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take Pride in what you do.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.