Experienced Mission Payload, Flight Software Engineer – SpRCO
Serco specialise in the delivery of essential public services, with over 50,000 people working in defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and other citizen services across UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Looking for a career with challenging and rewarding work? Then look no further and apply today! Serco is searching for a skilled Experienced Mission Payload Specialist – Flight Software (FSW) Engineer to support development of first-of-kind space vehicles and missions. This handpicked candidate must possess technical expertise and experience with developing, designing, building, and integrating advanced mission payload hardware and software. In this position, you will provide System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (RCO). The position is full-time, on site at Kirtland AFB, New Mexico, and will require travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States.
This position is contingent upon your ability to maintain/transfer your DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance.
The Space RCO program office is a small, streamlined organization with dedicated, organic acquisition support functions: contracting, financial management, human resources, security, program management and technical engineering support that are critical in enabling the rapid response required for classified space programs. The mission is to develop and deliver operationally dominant space capabilities at the speed of warfighting relevance in response to Commander, U.S. Space Command requirements. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment. Visit the following link for more information about how Serco supports our Veterans https://www.serco.com/na/careers/veterans-at-serco.
You will work in a small, highly empowered team where every team member is directly responsible for the success of the program. Engineering responsibilities span technology domains including space-rated/qualified guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) hardware, software, sensors, and processors in an extremely fast-paced, responsive development environment. This SETA candidate will provide in-depth background on satellite vehicle bus and integration of GNC and C2 subsystems to improve program office insight into state-of-the art IC, DoD, commercial and legacy space vehicle systems, GNC, FSW and C2 requirements and capabilities. You must apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts for highly classified systems, while also effectively communicating complex results with management and executive leadership.
In this role, you will:
- Supports design, interpretation, and analysis of technical solutions to complex projects
- Leads or supports technical programs, projects, or tasks whose technical complexity requires engineering oversight
- Ensures completion of tasks within estimated time frames and budget constraints
- Provides input to the government customer concerning risks to performance, schedule, and budget due to either proposed contractor plans or contractor’s execution of accepted plans
- Ensure the quality of the program, project, or task deliverables meet or exceed standards or metrics and assesses such deliverables to ensure that the final deliverables will meet the warfighting purpose for which they are intended
- Plans and performs engineering research, design development, and other engineering assignments in conformance with the design, engineering, and customer specifications
- Responsible for the overall technical/engineering portions of major projects or programs
- Coordinates with multiple partners/agencies to ensure system engineering communities support delivery milestones
- Tracks and advises design trades and associated cost, schedule, and technical impacts to requirements
- Initiates, supervises, and/or develops requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for complex to extremely complex programs
- Provides strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff
- Provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development and/or maintenance efforts for client specific or mission critical challenges/issues
- Consults with client to define need or problem
- Supervises studies and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy – oral and written
- Other duties as required
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A U.S. citizenship
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility (no less than 2 years total SAP and/or SCI environment experience, with 1-year total within last 5 years) and willingness to submit to a Counter-Intelligence polygraph. Candidate must maintain a TS/SCI clearance as a condition of employment
- A Master’s degree
- Minimum ten (10) years DoD/Intelligence Community (IC), or relevant industry work experience
- Skilled in development, integrating and fielding satellite GNC, FSW and C2 systems
- Experience with advanced GNC, EO/IR/RF sensors and C2 Payloads
- An understanding of space operational environment and corresponding mission user needs
- Knowledge of space mission payload engineering, development, and manufacturing
- Experience in DoD program management including program development and transition
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- To travel up to 25% of the time (if required)
Additional desired skills and qualifications:
- Five (5) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience with SAP and/or SCI
- System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Government program office
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Experience with integrated air, space, and cyberspace capabilities
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining ground mission planning architecture and software
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs
- Experience in planning and executing test campaigns for space systems
- Fluency with IC organizations
If you are interested in supporting and working with our Air Force and airmen and a dedicated Serco team, then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes!
In compliance with state and local laws regarding pay transparency, the salary range for this role is $79,218.94 to $132,031.57; however, Serco considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset – we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: email@example.com or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).