Experienced Space Tactics Engineering Specialist – SpRCO
Serco specialise in the delivery of essential public services, with over 50,000 people working in defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and other citizen services across UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Looking for a career with challenging and rewarding work? Then look no further and apply today! Serco is searching for a Experienced Space Tactics Engineering Specialist to support development of first-of-kind space vehicles and missions. This handpicked candidate must possess technical expertise and experience with developing, designing, building, and integrating space hardware and software. In this position, you will provide System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (RCO). The position is full-time, on site at Kirtland AFB, New Mexico, and will require travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States.
This position is contingent upon your ability to maintain/transfer your DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance.
The Space RCO program office is a small, streamlined organization with dedicated, organic acquisition support functions: contracting, financial management, human resources, security, program management and technical engineering support that are critical in enabling the rapid response required for classified space programs. The mission is to develop and deliver operationally dominant space capabilities at the speed of warfighting relevance in response to Commander, U.S. Space Command requirements. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment. Visit the following link for more information about how Serco supports our Veterans https://www.serco.com/na/careers/veterans-at-serco.
You will work in a small, highly empowered team where every team member is directly responsible for the success of the program. Engineering responsibilities span technology domains including space rated hardware, software, sensors, and processors in an extremely fast-paced, responsive development environment. This SETA candidate will provide in-depth background on satellite vehicle bus and/or subsystems to improve program office insight into state-of-the art commercial and legacy mission systems, and C2 requirements and capabilities. You must apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts for highly classified systems, while also effectively communicating complex results with management and executive leadership.
In this role, you will:
- Plans, designs, and conducts trades studies for advanced space systems designed to meet advanced adversary capabilities
- Supports validation and verification of major space-centric systems integration
- Develops rapid reaction operational requirements for space-centric capabilities
- Assists government and contractor teams to assure that requirements decomposition yields a system that is both efficient and effective
- Rapidly develops and fields new, highly classified space capabilities for operations, establishes operational and tactical applications, and conducts research to meet emerging space-centric needs
- Other classified duties as assigned
- Work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and perform all functional duties independently
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
- Translate complex ideas and data into simple, actionable recommendations or easily differentiated courses of action
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A U.S. citizenship
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility (no less than 2 years total SAP and/or SCI environment experience, with 1-year total within last 5 years) and willingness to submit to a Counter-Intelligence polygraph. Candidate must maintain a TS/SCI clearance as a condition of employment
- A Master’s degree
- Ten (10) years of relevant classified DoD/Intelligence Community (IC), or relevant work experience
- Experience in spacecraft, or highly autonomous unmanned systems
- Knowledge in using sensors to support space-to-space missions (i.e., rendezvous and proximity operations)
- Proven experience integrating subsystems such as sensor suites, PNT, survivability, and network communications into systems to achieve desired effects
- Experience in RF SATCOM and crosslinks (Laser desired)
- Knowledge of spacecraft engineering, development, and manufacturing
- Experience in planning and executing test campaigns for space mission systems
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- To travel up to 25% of the time (if required)
Additional desired skills and qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of relevant DoD work experience with SAP and/or SCI
- System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to a government program office
- Demonstrated knowledge of embedded software for autonomous space operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of payload functionality and interface
- Demonstrated technical program management in space systems
- Experience leading software algorithm development teams
- Experience using multivariable optimization in mission planning software systems
- Knowledge of spacecraft Assembly, Integration and Test (AI&T) — comms, propulsion, bus, power and environmental
- Experience with ground mission planning architecture and software
- Experience in DoD or IC program management including Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management
If you are interested in supporting and working with our Air Force and airmen and a dedicated Serco team, then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes!
In compliance with state and local laws regarding pay transparency, the salary range for this role is $79,218.94 to $132,031.57; however, Serco considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset – we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: email@example.com or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).