At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Serco Italia S.p.A. is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including: central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Junior Software Developer (Full-Stack) – Space Sector in Frascati !
Please, note that we offer a fixed term of one year convertible to permanent depending on performances.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Junior Software Developer (Full-stack) you will be responsible for:
- Design, development and testing of software
- Full-stack: involvement in all architecture layers (Web development, Databases)
- Perform code and design reviews
- 3rd line Operational support (i.e. assist helpdesk/customer in investigating anomalies and problems)
- Produce technical documentation
- Proactively striving to extend his/her own skills and capabilities in line with the agreed career goals.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- A degree in Computer Science (or similar) is an advantage
- Experience with Jquery, Angular and Node.js
- Experience with Relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Document-Orientated databases (MongoDB, Solr) is an advantage
- Experience with ITIL methodology is an advantage
- Experience with RESTful Web Services (oData) is an advantage
- Strong analytical and object-orientated design capabilities
- Good understanding of design patterns, API design and test-driven development
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Business proficiency in English (oral and written) is mandatory
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and flexible environment
- Strong orientation to team working and collaboration
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work – You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity – You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people – You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.