In Norway, Thales work across all business areas within defense technology, signaling and traffic management systems for rail transport, helicopter simulation and digital identity and security.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales DIS Norge AS is looking for a new Support Technician to join our existing team in Norway.
As a Support Technician, you will ensure external customers satisfaction by assisting the customer in the operation of Thales personalization and enrollment solutions in order to provide customer satisfaction and fulfillment of service level agreements (SLA).
The Thales Support and Maintenance Team is primarily based in Oslo, however this position is based in Bergen, and you will perform the office part of the job from home. There will be scheduled trips to Oslo for training purposes and social events.
A week in the life of a Support Technician:
- You will answer calls, mails and provide appropriate solutions to customer issues.
- You will assist customers in troubleshooting or escalating issues to the research and development team, if needed.
- You will participate in deployment, troubleshooting and equipment maintenance at customer sites.
- You will manage tools and inventory.
- You will work both software and hardware components related to different solutions.
- You will travel to different customer sites within Norway on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must be autonomous, organized and have the ability to solve complex problems and work under pressure.
- We would appreciate if you have: knowledge of ITIL.
- You must be fluent in English and Norwegian.
- You must be a strong communicator and customer-oriented.
- Ideally you are certified as an electrician (Fagbrev)/ or have a bachelor degree as a computer engineer.
- You must have the ability to travel in Norway, therefore have a driving license.
- You must have a clean record, as you must apply for a Police certificate of conduct (Politiattest).
In Norway, Thales work across all business areas within defense technology, signaling and traffic management systems for rail transport, helicopter simulation and digital identity and security. Thales has become a trusted partner with both the military and civilian arms of the government. Thales has been located in Oslo for more than 100 years, and in Stavanger since 2016. Thales DIS Norge AS, where this position belongs, is the current and future provider of the Norwegian passport and ID Card.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!