SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Platform team PO is accountable for the creation of platform configurations and architectures and the delivery of platform capabilities that support the customer workloads. This can be achieved by:
- Continuously improving and refining the defined team process
- Resolving any impediment or blocker that the team might have
- Having enough technical capacity to identify issues and solve conflicts
- Providing advice on new developments within the Azure platform, being aligned with the Product Team Product Owner for the development of certified products and the platform capabilities supporting these
- Aligning designs, definitions and configurations and the timelines defined for the delivery of platform capabilities with the strategic and tactical objectives that Solution Architecture team may have
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Prioritizing items in the Platform team backlog.
- Making sure that the Platform team can develop platform definitions, configurations and capabilities.
- Ensuring that the platform capabilities requirements received from other teams are accurate and complete and that the Solution Architecture team has prioritized the capabilities according to the needs of the workloads.
- Adjusting the process to the demand by:
- Resizing the team according to the needs
- Assuring that the team has the required skills to respond to the demand
- Keeping the process current and efficient by:
- Ensuring Product Backlog Items (PBIs) are well defined and self-contained, and Acceptance Criteria are clearly defined for all backlog items.
- Ensuring actions derived from meetings and ceremonies are registered in the backlog and are executed.
- Participating in all the meetings with the other product owners for team and work alignment and portfolio management.
- Attending all the Platform team ceremonies and giving guidance and leadership to the team in those ceremonies:
- Technical sessions require guidance about architecture, design and configuration of the involved Azure platform elements, as well as Infrastructure as Code guidance.
- Process review sessions require guidance about how to follow the defined process and how to analyze what the board is showing.
- Ability to lead by example
- People Management
- Effective collaboration techniques
- Conflict management
- Interpersonal Communication
- Growth mindset
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A solid experience of Systems Infrastructure (8+ years) is necessary
- Agile methodologies (Lean/Kanban/Scrum)
- Azure Identity and Access Management
- Cloud Networking: Virtual Networks, Azure IPAM, BGP and User Defined Routes, Network Security Groups
- Network Connectivity: ExpressRoute, P2S and S2S VPNs, Virtual Network Gateways
- Load Balancing
- Azure IaaS Compute Services and High Availability solutions
- Azure Storage
- Azure PaaS Compute, Web and Data services, as well as overall basic infrastructure
- Azure Security and Operations
- Azure Automation
- Service Management
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS / COMMENTS
The position will be measured by KPI’s:
- On Time delivery
- On Business objects delivery
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer