At SES, we pride ourselves for being the world’s leading content connectivity provider. Together with our industry partners, we aim to do the extraordinary in space to deliver amazing experiences on earth.
Role Description Summary
The Engineer, Network System is responsible for the design, implementation and management of mission critical IP production networks associated with Satellite based IP platforms, Internet Backbone infrastructure and media content contribution/distribution. If you have a dedication and commitment to providing a high-level technical competence, professionalism and customer service, this role could be perfect for you.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
- Participate in the design of the SES Core Transport Networks and its associated provisioning and assurance systems, including, but not limited to validation of technical requirements, assessment of platforms or vendors and budgetary requirements
- In-time implementation of the Core Transport Networks nodes and points-of-presence (PoP) in line with the design principles and business requirements; strong focus on maintaining up-to-date documentation
- Responsible for proactive maintenance of the Core Transport Networks through upgrades and preventive maintenances
- Reactive maintenance via Level 3 network engineering support to Network Operations staff during office hours and on-call by rotation outside of business hours
- Engineering support for sales, sales engineering and product development teams, both for Video and Networks segments with focus on customer requirements, operational efficiency and budgetary requirements
- Participate and responsible for Core Network Engineering in-time delivery in cross-functional and company strategic projects
- Manage allocated SES sites, hardware upgrades and capacity planning
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to manage complex projects and major network implementations and to deliver results with limited supervision and under time constraints
- Ability to understand and deliver on company goals, and to coordinate business requirements and day to day tasks, both autonomously and in interdisciplinary teams, with a focus on the end customer experience
- Good communication skills, including good documentation and report writing skills, and ability to work collaboratively with fellow team members
- Willingness to explore next-generation solutions and technologies and for continuous technical learning.
Qualification & Experience
- University degree in Electronics/Engineering/IT or equivalent
- At least 5 years of professional experience in IP networking and LAN/WAN technologies including but not limited to Layer 2 & 3, network architecture and design
- Thorough understanding of ISP backbone networks and associated services
- Proven track record in design, implementation and support of high availability IP/MPLS networks in the Service Provider domain along with associated security, traffic management and monitoring systems; Building experience in Multicast
- Very strong knowledge in OSPF, MPLS, BGP, MPLS services is a must; Building experience on MPLS-TE, RSVP, Multicast and multicast VPN
- At least 3 years of experience in Service Provider networks
- Building experience in Cisco IOS XR and Juniper JUNOS and with using automation tools and technologies
- Able to read, write and debug shell code and other scripting languages (e.g. Perl, PHP, Python)
- Cisco certified at professional level (Service Provider tracks) mandatory; CCIE SP as well as additional vendor certifications are an asset
- Experience in deploying and managing on-premises virtualization technologies VMWare ESX and Citrix Xenserver; Building experience with cloud hosted applications
- Experience in administration Linux (CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu) servers
- Understanding of authentication protocols such as TACACS, RADIUS and LDAP and experience in managing IP Address Management tools and managing DNS/DHCP servers and services.
Other Key Requirements / Comments
This position requires scheduled On-Call standby and support during regular out-of-office hours according to and within the limitations of the currently applicable On-Call policy.
This position requires to travel internationally from time to time.
What’s In It For You:
- Flexible working policy
- Bonus and equity plans
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits plan
- A range of wellness activities and employee assistance programs
- An employer that values all aspects of Diversity and respects every individual’s story
Good To Know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.