SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
6-month internship, starting in February/March 2021.
Based in Betzdorf – Luxembourg, you will be integrating our Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) team and working on cloud governance automation and reporting.
You will work with our CCoE DevOps teams to integrate our corporate IT Service Management tool with different Microsoft Azure services via REST API. In this context, you’ll be researching the respective API possibilities and limitations, implementing and testing API calls and closely collaborating with our ServiceNow development team for implementing them in ServiceNow. You will also ensure proper documentation of the different integrations and contribute to end-user knowledge base articles on how to use the different forms available in ServiceNow.
Furthermore, you will be implementing a self-service reporting solution based on Microsoft Power BI. This reporting solution will deliver valuable insights on our Cloud cost management and our Cloud Center of Excellence workload and demand management.
- Shadow the Cloud Center of Excellence teams during work planning and implementation, to understand the way of working, capacity planning and demand forecast.
- Integrate the CCoE DevOps teams to identify, implement and test REST API calls to different Azure Services for IT Service Management integration.
- Collaborate with our ServiceNow team to implement the API calls in ServiceNow and document the integration.
- Work closely with the Product Owner and the Program Manager of our Cloud Center of Excellence, to define the key performance indicators and reporting needs.
- Work closely with our BI team to obtain guidance for Power BI capabilities, implementation details, best practices and standards.
- Implement the final Power BI reporting solution, provide detailed technical documentation and create user guides.
- Being a current student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or any relevant field
- First skills in development and working with REST APIs
- Strong interest in Business Intelligence and Cloud technologies
- Willingness to learn new technologies and being a fast learner
- Attention to detail, analytical skills and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Fluency in spoken and written English, additional languages considered an asset
- EU-citizen or work permit for Luxembourg