SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
4-month internship, starting in September 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Strategy & Market Intelligence (SMI) team in a fast-paced, growing organization within a dynamic industry.
Based in The Hague, you will responsible for the redesign and maintenance of an internal tool for monitoring global satellite supply. Besides, you will contribute to evaluating our global markets, tracking key competitive and market information and analyzing and reporting on major trends in the telecommunications business worldwide.
- ICT project: Redesign and implement our internal satellite supply database
- Support updating of Demand & Supply forecasts
- Improve and update internal market intelligence databases (i.e. deals, pricing, demand & supply)
- Aggregate content for a daily newsletter
- Research and report on selected market trends for the vertical teams
- Assist the SMI team in providing ad-hoc support for Sales, Marketing, and other internal stakeholders
- Being a current student in Information Technology or in a relevant technical area/ Business/Economics with IT/ICT experience
- Very strong computer literacy (Access, MS PowerPoint, Excel); Previous experience of working with Microsoft Access is considered a big plus; knowledge of MS Power BI and/or other data visualization software is appreciated
- Strong interest in the telecommunication business and technical interest in satellite communications
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills
- Ability to cope with multiple priorities and to work under tight deadlines
- Good communication and inter-personal skills; Easiness to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in team
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Can-do attitude; ready to work in a challenging and international environment
- Drive to follow-through on task until completion
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset