SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This role is the Service Owner of managed Playout Services in the Global Video Services team. You will manage the teams with a primary focus on service implementation, delivery and support.
You will plan, document and deliver services to meet existing and new customer requirements.
In this role, you will work closely with other departments such as Service Assurance, Product, Pre- and Post Sales, and Technology to ensure services are delivered to highest standards possible.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESULT AREAS
- Manage the Playout Engineering team by fostering a customer centric can-do team spirit focused on maximizing operational efficiency
- Promote a common approach in terms of structured way of working, persistence, networking, creative reliable problem solving and self-motivation aimed at delivering best in class services levels.
- Preparation and validation of requirements and solution documentation (statement of work) for customer projects.
- Project manage the implementation of new projects and safeguard quality assurance in complex projects, e.g. solutions distributed across multiple facilities and departments
- Ensure operational procedures are constantly updated to reflect the needs of customers, working closely with the Service Assurance team.
- Development of reference setups for playout / origination services and assessment of implementation options, with a focus on a global, scalable, automated set-up
- System design and implementation of technical infrastructure based on fit for purpose technical solutions.
- Optimise processes and workflows
- Reporting of relevant KPIs
- Budget management
- Excellent proven people management skill with a strong ability to motivate and grow individuals in broadcast engineering and operations.
- Strong commercial and business orientation, combined with the relevant operational and technical understanding
- Excellent communication skills and service oriented mindset
- Constant motivation to drive continuous improvements
- Enthusiasm to explore new technologies and methodologies to enhance our service capabilities
- Independent, Structured, solution-oriented and reliable approach
- Strong customer focus
- Highly motivated to work in global, multi-cultural team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Engineering, Media Technology or proven relevant experience
- 10 years working experience in a similar position
- Strong leadership experience
- Strong experience in working with media technology and audio/video solutions
- Fluent English language skills
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.