Take Your Story Anywhere. With SES.
The Systems Engineer acts as a subproject owner for technical playout platform integration.
You are providing in depths technical expertise for developing new products and services as well as deep investigation of operational issues which could not be resolved in the 2nd level support team.
We are providing a lab environment to facilitate off-air replication of operational issues, testing of new equipment or software and integration testing of new products.
Furthermore, you are supporting our Content Management Operations and Customer Service teams (3rd level support) and dealing with design, implementation and configuration of customer workflows for the ingest, storage and VOD delivery of video content.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Managing and operating a playout infrastructure in an SDI based Multichannel Environment
- System administration of the content management infrastructure
- Optimize our highly automated video content processing workflows with state-of-the-art technology
- Lead technical subprojects for video services implementations for individual customer projects or platform projects.
- Collaborate with other Technology/Engineering and software development departments
- Support the product development process by providing technical expertise and practical testing
- Meet with vendors and customers to provide training and product demonstrations and to understand what needs and expectations are
- Provide 3rd level support to the 24/7 operations and support engineering teams
- Teamwork: Proven team player, who relishes being part of a global team
- In-depth understanding of technical background of playout services & equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of audio, video and subtitle formats and their transcoding
- Software development basics are a plus (general understanding of C#/XML)
- High degree of responsibility, service mentality, flexibility, team spirit and customer orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers and various internal departments
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple time-sensitive tasks in a demanding environment
- Decisiveness, flexibility and self-motivation, ability to set clear targets and ability to cope with pressure
- Willingness to work on call (standby during out of office hours & weekends)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Media Technology, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent experience required
- Creative and technically savvy engineer with minimum 3 years work experience of creating and launching video solutions
- Deep technical background in the broadcast, telecommunication or electronic media industry
- Adept at defining, developing, and launching new solutions
- IT related knowledge such as, but not limited to virtualization & cloud solutions.
- Good project management skills
- Proven ability to define technical product solutions with commercial awareness and business acumen
- Demonstrated strengths as interface for technical Operations and Product Management organizations
- Strong experience in managing and working collaboratively in virtual teams with distributed units and collaboration with international companies.
- Fluency in English, German being an asset