SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
You will develop in an existing codebase as well as design and deliver new solutions in cooperation with external Software development companies and contractors, this includes the management of the whole development chain.
Depending on the project you will code for different devices. This means you are responsible for developing Web Applications, native Applications for Apple or Android devices or a TV Applications based on HbbTV standard.
You will work in a modern, agile software development environment with methods like SCRUM and KANBAN. To fulfil these methods, you will work on your own in a self-managed development process as well as interacting with team members and 3rd parties by using modern collaboration tools like Confluence and JIRA.
Furthermore, the position supports the senior management, the product and solutions management and other non-technical departments in a wide range of technical questions, in representing the company externally like on trade shows and in coordination with other European Platform operators.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULTS AREAS
- collaborative development with 3rd party software providers
- Support technical requirement engineering process
- Review of the Software Architecture and Interface API’s
- Setting up and monitoring project plans to fulfill product management’s timelines as lead in coordination with other departments
- Reporting of project status to the management and other departments
- Software development
- Writing and documenting the source code
- Decision making about software components and frameworks
- Development of complex end-to-end solutions and managing the whole development chain
- Independent work and work in teams on solution architectures
- High responsibility for the selection of the suitable technology, based on technology know how but also respecting business needs
- Independent steering of third-party technology providers and consultants
- Important knowledge carrier for colleagues and guiding them in new technologies
- Professional in developing complex application for CE environment
- Experience in designing system and software architecture
- Able to review and modifying of 3rd party code
- Very good in providing constructive feedback to colleagues and partners
- Ability to realize feature, business requirements into technical software solutions
- Talent for analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Advanced communication skills for efficient external and internal communication in written, verbal and presentation forms; ability to present technical and complex issues in easy and comprehensible way
- Willingness to integrate into an international environment and ability to connect fast to others
- Intercultural competencies
- Ability to work flexibly under tight deadlines and rapidly changing circumstances
- Team-spirit and well-integrated in multi-disciplinary teams
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University, engineering degree (TU or HS, with degree of M.Sc.) or an education in software developer or related field
- Advanced knowledge of or familiarity with HTML, CSS, and/or CSS preprocessors like Sass or Less
- Knowledge of at least one of these JS Framework: ReactJS, Vue, Angular, Ember
- Knowledge of Design Pattern
- Three years work experience in the areas described above
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer