It’s a great time to be part of the SES team We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Role description summary
You will be part of the Systems Development Engineering team, responsible for the definition, analysis and modelling of new satellite communication systems.
Primary responsibilities / Key result areas
- Contribute to the development of scenario tools for systems analysis and optimal capacity allocation
- Contribute to the development of digital models of satellite systems (“digital twins”):
- RF and topological satellite payload modelling
- Payload operational constraints modelling
- End-to-end system modelling
- Contribute to the development of novel and efficient digital models suitable and consistent with the software-defined payload architectures to be deployed within the SES fleet
- Contribute to satellite system data structuring and to associated data maintenance during operations
- Support the development and definition of satellite communication system proofs-of-concept and architectures by performing engineering analyses (link budgets, throughput and traffic optimisation analyses)
- Proven experience in modelling of communication systems
- Solid knowledge of the satellite-based technologies, ground and space segments
- Good knowledge in data science and database networking technologies
- Good knowledge of systems engineering principles
- Effective analytical skills & interpersonal skills
- Outstanding presentation skills for articulating complex subjects to unfamiliar audiences
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- MS Degree in Data Science/Electrical/Telecommunication/Aerospace/Electronic Engineering related fields
- Strong interest in the space communications industry, a field experience in the space industry being an asset
- Fluency in English, knowledge of other language(s) is considered as an asset
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!