Take Your Story Anywhere. With SES.
At SES, we cultivate an inclusive and healthy work environment that enables us to drive business success. As a company dedicated to Diversity & Inclusion, we believe our story should reflect those of the millions we serve. We are committed to increasing the number of employees from underrepresented groups and nurturing an inclusive company culture where people can flourish.
As part of SES Technology, the RF Systems Engineering Team are subject matter specialists responsible for development oversight, and innovation, for RF systems incorporated in Satellite Earth Stations; this includes all antenna (passive and active) and associated RF hardware development.
Primary Responsibilities/Key Result Areas:
- Support SES Networks and SES Video Business Units in the deployment of their Technology Road
- Maps by identifying and developing appropriate technologies in the RF Systems domain to support their short to medium-term strategic goals
- Project manage the in-house design and testing projects; drafting systems specifications for sub-system and integrated product developments; reviewing vendor proposals in response to formal RFPs and RFIs; and support design reviews and witness and review vendor test campaigns
- Participate in industry standards definition and technology development collaboration working with several international agencies, Government, academic and industrial partners
- Responsible for several hands-on in-house lab and supplier / partner-based RF Systems Engineering projects
- Monitor and foster new developments in communications technologies and signal processing that can improve the performance of data links over SES/O3b satellites – in conjunction with the RF Systems Development team
- Provide Design and Engineering review support for the development product concepts for implementation readiness through both the Product Engineering team along with the market vertical segmented Solutions Engineering teams and ensure that the designs incorporate flexibility, scalability, and reusability
- Collaborate with technology suppliers to present RF technology alternatives to product development teams
- Support the Technology Program Management Office to ensure the collation and execution of development schedules and the resolution of resource conflicts
- Develop and document antenna system requirements, specifications, interfaces, test plans including associated quality assurance to support “Integration & Operations Services”. Work effectively as part of the cross-functional team.
- Produce reports and documentation to support both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of Electronically Steered Antenna Array Development and the use of beam steering techniques
- Ability to ensure all designs meet the commercial and technical needs
- Communication and influencing can compile, interpret, and present information on complex and important issues.
- Problem-solving can analyze complex and diverse problems, in their area of expertise, that could have a major impact on the organization. This could include examining new ideas or finding the root cause of an existing problem to minimize the risk of reoccurrence
- Knowledge and skills: illustrate a thoroughly broad and deep understanding, builds on concepts and experience, and contributes to shaping future technology innovation
- Eager to stay up to date on industry/business trends and developments
- Demonstrates effective intercultural awareness and team spirit
Preferred Education & Experience (a combination of education and experience will be considered):
- Master’s degree in engineering or bachelor’s degree coupled with additional vocational experience
- Around 2 years work experience in the Telecommunications or Satellite industry
- Demonstrated use of innovation by leveraging internal and external resources to create value-added and unique technology solutions for both internal and external clients
- Has a proven track record of working with virtual teams
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel internationally
What’s in it for you:
- Flexible working policy
- Bonus and equity plans
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits plans
- A range of wellness activities and employee assistance programs (varies by location)
- An employer that values all aspects of Diversity and respects every individual’s story