Internship – (Quantum) Communications Engineer
Take Your Story Anywhere. With SES.
- Support the implementation and deployment of the SES laboratory for quantum communications
- Support the operations of the SES quantum communications laboratory
- Support testing activities in the SES quantum communications laboratory
- Support new developments which make use of the SES quantum communications laboratory
- Being a current and advanced Master´s student in Telecommunication Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or in a relevant technical area.
- Have strong interest in the telecommunication business and in satellite and quantum technologies.
Hold a systems engineering mindset
- Knowledge on quantum and optical communications technologies would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Cryptography (classical and post-quantum) and Quantum Key Distribution (QKD).
- Basic knowledge in telecommunication networks and protocols
- Experience in laboratory (RF, optical, quantum, etc) would be an asset
- Strong computer literacy (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset
- EU-citizens or work permit for Luxembourg
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Flexible working policy
- Valuable, meaningful, and hands-on experience
- A paid internship
- A range of wellness activities and employee assistance programmes (varies by location)
- An employer that values all aspects of Diversity and respects every individual’s story