SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
As a member of the O3b mPOWER Programme Team, the incumbent will be responsible for the programmatic aspects of the different test phases as well as to ensure all workstreams inter-dependencies are well managed to support test phases.
The next generation O3b mPOWER will leverage new levels of space and ground system integration for SES o provide unique differentiation in the market and be a key driver for SES’s data revenues. The integration of many new systems will require the O3b mPOWER team members to attain significant system architecture and operational detail.
The Manager, Program Integration will play a key role in identifying and developing in detail all relevant use cases to support all Customer Service and Product designs, so they are appropriately supported by developed systems, processes and tools end to end.
The incumbent will also ensure adequate flow down and understanding of all uses cases onto the integration and test validation plan at all phases
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESULT AREAS
- Responsible to manage the programmatic aspects of the different test phases and ensure all workstreams inter-dependencies are well managed to support test phases.
- Responsible to drive the O3b mPOWER Test & Validation Schedule to guarantee all Customer Services and Products are available per the agreed to roll-out plan
- Responsible to identify and develop in detail all use cases relevant for commercial and product, and ensure they are adequately flown down and understood on the integration and test validation plan at all phases
- Provides additional review of the test & validation plan and test procedures for all test phases to ensure all Customer Service and Product designs are fully validated as per identified use cases
- Supports Program Integration Lead to address Programme action items and risks, proposing mitigation plans and following up to ensure seamless execution of all Integration & Test Phases as well as other Programme areas as required
- As assigned by the Program Integration Lead, will maintain sign-off authority on system testing wrt the fulfillment of Customer Services
- Works closely with Global Services to ensure development of operational procedures and tools are properly informed of the system architecture and processes
- Understands all Customer Service and Product designs and how these are supported by the system, ensuring this is appropriately supported by developed systems, processes and tools end to end.
- Demonstrates experience of methodical system engineering and ability to understand complex system level interactions
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capabilities with focus on execution and implementation
- Ability to present to external and internal customers on service offers and system training
- Excellent knowledge of the satellite based technologies (space and ground)
- Excellent knowledge of the satellite and telecom business environment
- Solid theoretical background in digital communications and proven ability to apply the theory to solve practical problems
- Effective negotiation skills
- Outstanding presentation skills for articulating complex subjects to unfamiliar audiences
- A high degree of integrity and high level of trust built on mutual respect with satellite manufacturers
- Ability to travel both international/domestically to meet with SES staff and relevant external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Electrical/Telecommunication/Aerospace/Electronic Engineering related fields;
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or comparable degree preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience in the space industry
- Management skills, interpersonal skills and effective communication skills with people at all levels of the organization
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of satellite design, assembly integration & test, cost and schedule trades and program management
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a very complex and under pressure environment
- Business savvy, excellent negotiation, communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in English plus one other European language preferred
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS/COMMENTS
- Ability to coach new graduates and bring them quickly up to speed into SES’s technical standards and values
Requisition Number: 10552