Take Your Story Anywhere. With SES.
You will be a key member of the SES Technology Ground Infrastructure team, providing support in the Order-to-fulfilment domain, mainly service implementation and operational support.
You will primarily implement and support Ground systems related hardware. This comprises interface management as well as coordination across multiple internal teams and customers. You will manage, operate and when required troubleshoot both SES owned equipment and customer equipment, providing end-to-end service support for the site Infrastructure, antenna & RF sub-systems, modem/platforms installed in Luxembourg as well as worldwide at SES gateways.
- Define and lead the implementation of Continuous Service Improvements initiatives and monitor results
- Support subsystems of RF earth station equipment including antennas, High Performance Antennas, switch matrix, up/down converters, modulators, inter-facility connection equipment and Co-location space
- Perform local/remote configuration, management and troubleshooting of gateways infrastructure
- Responsible to create and maintain up to date as-built installation documentation for video and data services
- Manage and plan gateways infrastructure preventive and corrective maintenance and spare parts provisioning
- Support the “return merchandise authorization” process for SES ground infrastructure
- Install and configure ground system terminals, baseband and network systems
- Provide engineering support in the testing, monitoring, and ongoing maintenance of the ground infrastructure
- Work remotely or locally with site personnel on problem identification and resolution, perform root cause analysis, and support logistics functions for defective parts return and repair by vendors
- Assist in quick resolution and stabilization of complex satellite and ground system
- Assist in data analysis, anomaly evaluation and reporting
- Attend scheduled and un-scheduled customer maintenance activities
- Maintain technical project responsibility for assigned tasks and advise management of progress in support of the technical and administrative direction of project operations
- Provide ground systems support to Satellite Operations Center, Spacecraft Payload Engineers and other functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Electrical Engineering, RF Engineering, Telecommunications…)
- At least 3 – 5 years of relevant “hands-on” engineering experience in the satellite communications domain as Systems Engineer or Operations Engineer, Test & Integration Engineer, and/or NOC/Teleport Senior Operator
- Hands-on experience in RF measurement techniques, test and verification of ground stations and auxiliary systems
- Highly experienced in developing and maintaining high availability satellite or telecommunications systems using manned and unmanned facilities
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Excellent organization and attention to details
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, to deliver under time constraints, to take initiative and to operate without direct supervision
- High sensitivity to clients’ needs and capacity to find solutions to complex technical problems and overcome obstacles to deliver a high quality of service
- Good communication and presentation skills, both in writing and verbal including the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms, and ability to work collaboratively with fellow team members
- Self-motivated and sound aptitude for continuous technical learning
- Ability and willingness to integrate into an international environment
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work at heights
- NATO or EU SECRET clearance necessary. The incumbent must be willing to undergo a security clearance
- pThis position requires scheduled On-Call standby and support during regular out-of-office hours according to and within the limitations of the currently applicable On-Call policy
- This position requires to travel internationally from time to time.