SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
Role description summary
The ADCS & Propulsion team are responsible for the satellite attitude control, data handling and propulsion subsystems across the SES fleet of GEO and MEO satellites. In this role, you will become part of an EU and US based team that provides engineering support to the satellite operations control centers, implements all required development for safe satellite in orbit operations, ensures readiness for and smooth execution of future satellite missions, as well as provides engineering support to the SES satellite procurement field offices situated at the satellite manufacturers.
- Provide attitude dynamics, control, propulsion and data handling expertise to nominal and contingency operations of the satellite fleet, including 24/7 on-call support
- Monitor the on-orbit ADCS, DHE and Propulsion subsystems to identify degraded performance, anticipate scenarios and take appropriate action. You will develop and maintain tools for evaluating and trending health to maximize satellite safety, availability and longevity
- Provide support to new satellite construction programs, orbit raising operations, and development of the ground products required for satellite operations
- Provide satellite engineering expertise to internal and external customers in relation to the responsibilities of the section. Work closely with external satellite manufacturers
- Contribute to a continuous effort to more effectively and efficiently manage the satellite in orbit operations, including process, procedures, monitoring, and data analysis improvements
- Make use of machine learning and big data analytics to further automate execution of operations, identify out of family performance and diagnose anomalies
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in (Space) Engineering, with a specialization which includes dynamics and control system theory and application. Additional courses or knowledge in Computer or Data Science are beneficial. Computer software skills with proficiency with MATLAB and/or Python programming language.
- 1 to 3 years applicable professional experience in satellite engineering and/or operations are desired, but not mandatory. (Recent Graduate applications welcome).
- A willingness to work and build presence within a team that includes remote management and team members situated at multiple SES sites. Requires a strong sense of initiative and a self-starter attitude.
- Commitment to deadlines and willingness to meet the needs of a 24×7 on-call environment, which can require out of hours support. A valid driver license is essential for on-call support.
- This position is advertised for Luxembourg (EU) and Virginia (US). Eligible applicants to the US based position must be a US Citizen, a Green Card Holder or who can otherwise meet federal export-control authorization requirements.