Take Your Story Anywhere. With SES.
At SES we are passionate about delivering high quality connectivity to all four corners of the globe, utilizing cutting edge technology and delivering world class support to our customers. SES’ers make a real difference, our work is never done and we have an opportunity for an exciting Engineering position to join our globally diverse Operations Team directly supporting our end customers.
Your job would be to work on the only fully operational NGSO High Throughput Satellite Constellation (O3b) commissioning services and working through Engineering level support escalations; a truly dynamic and rewarding job…… no two days are the same! This is an opportunity for you to work with one of the leading and global-acting satellite service providers. Our skilled team will coach you to acquire invaluable hands-on experience of our proprietary constellation while you transpose already gained Satellite Industry knowledge into assisting our customers by hitting the ground running.
- An ambitious VSAT Operations Engineer with a desire to work on cutting edge technologies and expand your knowledge?
- Adaptable, dynamic and self-governing with the ability to seek support when required?
- Calm under pressure and used to achieving milestones?
- Articulate and possess the ability to converse with Customers and all levels of Internal Stakeholders?
- Able to derive solutions for problems to help the team improve process and procedures?
- Flexible regarding working hours allowing you take ownership of Customer issues through to a conclusion?
- A Technology Geek who loves to interface with many different system components?
Extended job description:
- Commissioning of Customer’s end to end VSAT communication services (GEO / MEO / LEO), focusing on RF Equipment – modems, antenna systems and baseband equipment
- Building monitoring tools using both industry standard and bespoke systems to enable effective alarming and historical data collection of the customer’s end to end systems
- Level 3 Operations Engineering support of customer’s sites in-service, to include Network Operations Centre escalation’s and been part of an on-call rotation schedule
- Complete operational changes to customer configurations along ITIL Change Management and Internal Quality Processes
- Work as part of a global team utilizing “follow the sun” support methodology and contribute to a 24x7x365 oncall schedule as required
- Perform routine auditing of assigned Regional Area or specific Customer Sites; liaising closely with the Network Operations Centre and appropriate internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering & Product Development teams in order to support the growth of the SES portfolio of products, act as the “voice of operations” to help ensure new products will fit into the operational environment
Who We Are Looking For (More About You):
- Happy to work as part of a global collaborative team
- An analytical mind with the ability to absorb data and ask challenging technical questions
- Advanced understanding of GSO / NGSO Satellite Constellations, Satellite Communications Baseband & Networking principles
- Advanced understanding of Marine Stabilised VSAT terminals, configuration & troubleshooting – Intellian, Orbit & Seatel
- Experience in managing satellite or telecommunications projects with a background in ITIL methodologies
- Experience of collaborating with multiple departments and customers and understanding how to manage their expectations
- Linux systems administration and IP Networking experience, certifications preferred
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Education at University level within Engineering or appropriate demonstratable industry experience
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the satellite industry with Field, NOC and / or Operations experience; experience in Maritime Cruise or Offshore Energy a plus
- Excellent understanding of satellite constellations, satellite communications baseband, network management and modem systems across multiple vendors, certifications preferred
- Fluent English language speaker
- Ability to work within the EU
- Ability to participate in an on-call Rota to cover 24x7x365 support
- Willingness to travel Internationally as required for Training and Customer Site Visits up to 10% of time
What’s in it for you:
- Flexible working policy
- Bonus and equity plans
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits plans
- A range of wellness activities and employee assistance programmes (varies by location)
- An employer that values all aspects of Diversity and respects every individual’s story