Take Your Story Anywhere. With SES.
- Responsible for the recommendation of network solutions to support Sales Engineering team solutions.
- Perform System/networking Engineering design and analyses in support of complex End-to-End (E2E) communications solutions/services and systems.
- Technical Lead on standard and non-standard and quick applications to develop customer-focused, market-driven products.
- Collaborate with the Network Engineering, Operations, Product Development, Implementation, and customers to develop the initial designs, drawings and cost estimate that address customer requirements.
- Prepare and deliver project documents to Service Management teams for implementation of the standard and non-standard solutions.
- Develop and support integration, BOM generation, testing, and procedures at the component, subsystem, and system levels.
- Provide technical leadership to subcontractors and vendors developing MEO/GEO compatible solutions for networking, Monitoring & Control, and network hardware.
- Support Sales & Sales Engineering teams in developing and documenting requirements, specifications and training materials.
- Develop forward-looking architectures and designs that support the implementation of evolving MEO/GEO products and capabilities.
- In concert with other technical resources engages with industry vendors to understand their development road maps and influence them for the benefit of the SES Networks and our customers.
- Support engagement with customers to understand their needs and influence those needs to SES Networks’ best interests.
- Ensure all relevant security requirements and guidelines are properly understood and appropriately implemented.
- Defining and implementing appropriate tools and technologies to foster a collaborative workspace for all team members.
- Act as trusted technical/solutions advisor both for external and internal customers.
- Maintains organizational ethics and morals and adheres to the SES Networks Code of Conduct.
Who We Are Looking For (More About You):
- Technical knowledge: Proficiency in satellite transmission analysis and complex solution engineering.
- Extended knowledge of network architecture, access schemes, data networking, engineering software development and radio frequency propagation analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP) networks, access routing, BGP/MPLS, IP Peering and networking technologies as well as international Carrier services.
- Ability to design/document Layer 2/3 topologies to suit customer requirements. Knowledge of QoS, MPLS MP-BGP, VLAN technologies
- Comprehension and working experience of satellite access techniques to include hub architecture from primary modem vendors.
- Excellent Negotiation & Communication skills: Ability to efficiently assist Sales in creating winning technical proposals. Good presentation techniques and effective sales proposal skills. Ability to work effectively in structured or virtual teams.
- Excellent Customer Relation skills: Build and maintain relationships with customers guides by the capture team leader to retain and grow revenues and margins as well as the ability to gain a clear understanding of the customers’ businesses and requirements and be able to offer the customer bespoke advice upon forthcoming product developments or services that could lead to new sales and/or to service optimizations.
- Market intelligence & new technology developments: In this highly competitive market, it is necessary to have an ongoing knowledge and understanding of the market and developments in the customer base. Specific trends or shifts in the market need to be monitored, tracked, analyzed and reported to management or other parts of the organization.
- Regional knowledge: With customers and staff located in different regions of the world, it is key to understand the variances within the region and as such the differences in market settings, customers’ expectations & requirements to be able to determine the different necessary strategies;
- Demonstrates effective intercultural awareness
Preferred Education & Experience:
- BS/MSc in Computer Science and/or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 10 years of hands-on networking experience, with 5 years and specific experience in satellite communications, network operations and/or IP architecture design.
- At least 10 years of experience in developing End-to-End (E2E) communications solutions/services and baseband systems.
- Strong understanding and experience working with IP technologies, preferably in enterprise and ISP environments. Network certifications at Professional Level and above (e.g. CCNP) desired.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with a wide range of technologies including firewalls, servers, system load balancing, and redundant system architecture, RF uplink and downlink hardware, satellite modems.
- Proven experience in leading design, provisioning, and maintenance of secured network solutions in conjunction with fixed, mobile, and satellite access technologies. Experience with hybrid network solutions is considered a plus.
- Very strong knowledge in Network technologies & protocols, MPLS, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, Multicast, L2 and L3 VPNs .
- Understanding of MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 (H.264) compression, MCPC and IPTV platforms, video transmission/reception equipment, video monitoring equipment, and ancillary video equipment
- Experience in monitoring and control systems such as Kratos Compass or other Network
- Management Systems. Ability to manipulate API/SNMP data to formulate tailored monitoring solutions.
- Understanding of GEO and MEO telecommunications satellite technologies and systems.
- Strong understanding and ability to use System Engineering principles processes, and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience working as a member of a global cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated the use of innovation by leveraging internal and external resources to create a value-added and unique technology solution for both internal and external clients.
- Willingness to travel internationally, up to 20% of the time.
What’s in it for you:
- Flexible working policy
- Bonus and equity plans
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits plans
range of wellness activities and employee assistance programmers (varies by location)
- An employer that values all aspects of Diversity and respects every individual’s story