It’s a great time to be part of the SES team We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
ROLE DECRIPTION SUMMARY
SES is providing an increasing set of customer-facing applications being hosted in one of our datacenters or in public cloud infrastructure.
Your main task is to provide appropriate technical support to our customers by understanding their issues and either providing a solution directly or escalating to the appropriate instance internally or externally.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provide B2B customer support for professional video applications on a 24/7 basis.
- Research, resolve, respond to, and document end user inquiries; and escalate or reassign issues and problems as needed to appropriate resource for resolution.
- Implement new customer services and optimize operational services.
- Engage directly with the customers in identification of the issues and in reaching the solution as required
- Monitor application performance
- Identify and proactively communicate with software providers and IT infrastructure providers ensuring the needs of the customer are met
- Participate in and manage application oriented projects. Oversee project phases and ensure timely completion of projects
- Adaptability and willingness to learn
- Strong analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Strong customer focus, including experience working with customers directly, and prioritizing customer needs (incl. solving outages)
- Responsible, self-motivated, professional, energetic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform well as a self-starter
- Ability to prioritize workload, and adapt to new processes and procedures quickly
- Excellent work ethic and ability to perform independently and within a team-based environment
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A.S. / B.S. in Software Engineering or a related degree
- Experience providing customer support in a technical capacity and handling as well as documenting requests with tools like Jira and Confluence
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS Services, MS Azure, MS Windows Server and Client Operating Systems, various Linux-Distributions and Firewall-Solutions (Juniper/Palo-Alto Networks)
- Software-Development Skills in Go-Lang, C# or PHP/Java are a plus
- Experience with troubleshooting network connectivity issues
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!