SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
When it comes to your career, you are the author of your own story.
At SES, we believe you should have the freedom to take your story in any direction you want it to go – unlimited by geography, technology or even gravity.
We are leaders in global content connectivity solutions. Leveraging an extensive and intelligent network of satellites and terrestrial infrastructure, we design, deliver and manage comprehensive video and data solutions which help our customers connect more people in more places with the world’s most valuable content.
We enable broadcasters to reach more viewers on any screen; mobile network operators to expand into uncharted markets; peacekeepers to share real-time intelligence; passengers to work and play online; and communities in even the most remote places on Earth to access entertainment, knowledge, and opportunity.
We do the extraordinary in space, to deliver amazing experiences everywhere on Earth. Because when the world is empowered with high-quality content and connectivity, billions of stories suddenly have infinite possibilities.
So where do you want your story to go?
INTERNSHIP – DATA ANALYST
Based in Manassas, Virginia, you will be performing data analyst role in the Global Services Program Management Office organization working with experienced business intelligence data professionals in the production of reports and in the analysis and documentation of operational data.
- Calculate metrics showing service performance relative to service level agreement (SLA) and generate monthly reports for each of our customers.
- Calculate key performance indicator (KPI) metrics and generate weekly and monthly reports for management and executive audiences
- Identify outliers and anomalies within data
- Develop metrics and reports showing data integrity and compliance to process
- Produce documentation of data sources, reports, and reporting processes
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Qualifications
- Student of Mathematics/Data Science/Data Analytics/Operations Research (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) or equivalent combination of education, technical training/education.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficient with MS Office applications and strong proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Strong analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to adapt and innovate
- Can-do attitude; ready to work in a challenging and international environment