It’s a great time to be part of the SES team. SES is a world-leading satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite communications solutions to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers worldwide. We are headquartered in Luxembourg and operate worldwide through dedicated regional teams. SES owns and operates a fleet of 55 geostationary satellites and 12 medium earth orbiting satellites that are complemented by a network of teleports and offices located around the globe. This far-reaching infrastructure enables our customers to reach 99% of the world’s population and places SES at the heart of the global communications chain.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Global Operations team (more specifically Network Operations Center (NOC)) in a fast-paced, growing organization within a dynamic and unique industry.
3-month internship, starting in summer 2020.
Based in Manassas, Virginia, you will be involved in an assisting role to our highly skilled and experienced Global Support Engineers in monitoring, reporting, restoring and analysis of our global customer services and infrastructure.
- Introduction to Manages Services over Satellite and business process.
- Introduction to basic understanding of RF, satellite and network equipment, functions and troubleshooting
- Help Operations with automating and streamlining existing manual processes
- Building and maintaining knowledge base
- Performing UAT testing for Automation tasks
- Assist in improving CRM system by suggesting new changes and testing various functions.
- Improving customer engagement process by collecting and analyzing feedback
- Audits to ensure information is updated across various platforms
- Reporting using tools such as Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, and Jira
- Student of IT/Computer/Telecommunication/Electrical/Space Engineering (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) or equivalent combination of education, technical training/education.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Computer literate (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Strong analytical skills
- Drive to follow-through on task until completion
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work in team
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Can-do attitude; ready to work in a challenging and international environment
We Offer You
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting experience in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.