SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
About us: It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
As the Ground Systems Engineering, you will be a key member of the SES Ground Systems engineering team providing technical knowledge in the areas of gateway infrastructure and baseband systems. Your responsibilities will include: implement and provide operations support for ground-based systems/processes utilized to enable SES’ spacecraft deployment/operations as well as service delivery to SES’ customers. The SES gateway team works in a dynamic environment and is looking for forward thinking individuals to join the team.
- Provide technical guidance to a multi-discipline product focused team to ensure timely and accurate project delivery
- Support the design and specification of the satellite gateway systems, which may be combined with TT&C function, including fixed or mobile antennas, HPA’s, switch matrix, up/down-converters, modulators, TT&C Modems, inter-facility connection equipment and Monitor & Control systems (M&C)
- Perform or support site surveys for gateway implementation, create related reports and provide site selection recommendations
- Lead the onsite coordination for the deployment, implementation, and commissioning of the large-scale antenna, baseband, and network systems
- Responsible for the transition of the new gateway systems into operations
- Perform transmission analysis, link budget calculations, block design drawings and studies in support of business development customer services, and TT&C applications
- Deliver clear, concise, timely and constructive technical guidance and co-operative support to peers/customers in- and outside the company for specific established ground engineering fields
- Problem solving
- Team work
- Verbal and written communication
- Global cultural awareness
- Minimum 8-10 years of combined experience and/or education in Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field
- Moderate experience working in the field to build, design, develop antenna systems
- Hands-on engineering experience in satellite ground systems engineering/project management and systems installation and testing
- Hands-on experience in RF measurement techniques, test and verification of ground stations and auxiliary systems
- Good communication and presentation skills; show a proactive approach towards internal and external customers
- 25% international and domestic travel
- Advanced proficiency with English, other languages a plus
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Experience in Project Management or Systems Engineering, or Structural Engineering
- Proficiency with Python, C++, or SQL
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point
- Proficiency with Matlab, Autocad, or STK
- Experience with GEO, MEO, or LEO satellite operations
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.