Take Your Story Anywhere. With SES.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provide Electrical Power & Thermal expertise to nominal and contingency operations of the satellites, including 24/7 on-call support as part of the team
- Proactively monitor the Electrical Power & Thermal subsystems to identify degraded performance, anticipate scenarios, and take appropriate action. Develop and maintain tools for evaluating and trending health to maximize satellite safety, availability and longevity
- Provide support to new satellite construction programs, orbit raising operations, and development of the ground products required for satellite operations
- Interface with internal and external parties in relation to the responsibilities of the subsystems, such as external Satellite Manufacturers and internal Fleet Development teams
- Contribute to a continuous effort to more effectively and efficiently manage the satellite in-orbit operations, including processes, procedures, monitoring, and data analysis improvements.
- Make use of machine learning and big data analytics to further automate execution of operations, identify out of family performance, and diagnose anomalies
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Aerospace Engineering (a combination of experience and education will be considered)
- Strong computer software skills, including Python
- Ability to acquire detailed technical information within pre-defined deadlines and apply it in day-to-day situations
- Ability to react to contingencies and cope with high stress situations
- Fluency in English
- This position requires the candidate to access controlled technical data subject to US export control laws. Therefore, only candidates who are US citizens (by birth or naturalization), legal US permanent residents (i.e., green card holders), US nationals, asylees, refugees, other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, or who can otherwise meet federal export-control authorization requirements, are eligible.
- Specialization and/or experience in thermal control
- Experience in satellite engineering and/or operations
- Fluency in more than one language